Sunday 28 December 2014

Winter Nailpolish Picks...(High-end Edition): Chanel

I am without a doubt a nail polish believer, and I feel these little magical bottles of colour could brighten and or elaborate our mood. As promised from a while ago I would continue and write about "Winter Nail Polish Picks... The High End Edition".  I love "Drugstore" nail polishes as much as the next girl, and thats why I dedicated a post to some of my favourites for the Winter season. I understand "High End" nail polishes are expensive, and that they could run double or triple the price to the "Drugstore" polishes, but they are the luxurious little treats I would once in a while treat yourself to in which my heart would pitter patter as it is applied onto my finger tips. Magical. 





1. Chanel  #531"Péridot" 

This polish is truly a unique colour, and at the time when it first came out there was no second polish that could duplicate it. This unique colour is a mix of a bronzy gold with a metallic greenish teal running through it.  It applies evenly with 2 coats, and goes on very smoothly, or should I say metallically? I would suggest wearing a top coat as it would enhance the colour, and make it look like a piece of art on the nails. Truly a special polish. 





2. Chanel #525 "Quartz"

This polish is a shimmery bronzy taupe. It is absolutely beautiful on the nails during the winter months. If there is one thing that Chanel does right in their nail polish and lipgloss range it has to the the "Shimmer" component. The micro shimmer they have in their polishes is what makes some colours so hard to duplicate with another polish. 





3. Chanel #505 "Particulière"

I love my "taupe" polishes, and "Particulière" is one of my most used taupe's of all time. It is a soft taupe which glides onto the nails, and is even with about 2 coats. I would suggest to apply a top coat with this polish for it does chip within the next 3-4 days.  I am sure there will be many drugstore taupe's that are really similar to "Particulière" , but the thing I love about this polish is how compliments my yellow skin tone, and doesn't make my hands appear grey.  



4. Chanel #509 "Paradoxal"

There is probably a million and one reviews on the ever so famous "Paradoxal " polish by Chanel. It was highly sought after when it was first released and I heard from some girls online that they were willing to purchase a bottle for 50 dollars on Ebay. After getting my hands on one I finally understood where the hype was coming from. This polish is a dark grey-toned purple which contains an infinity of iridescent shimmers of all colours running through it. It is a dark colour on the nails, but it will certainly stand out in the crowd.



A Little Comparison....

When I bought "You Don't Know Jaques" by O.P.I, I thought maybe just maybe it was a dupe for Chanel's "Particuliere" however it is much darker and more opaque, and I would wear the two on completely different occasions. Next to it is "Paradoxal" by Chanel. 














No comments:

Post a Comment