Friday 6 May 2016

Review: Chanel #647 Lilis

The weather has been incredible over the past couple of weeks, for me at least... I have just gotten back to Amsterdam from the super sunny Spain, and surprisingly Amsterdam is just as sunny and gorgeous as Spain. It feels as if summer is really coming... finally. And since I have a couple days free I decided to celebrate by doing my nails! Exciting that I have finally had the time to sit down for 30 minutes to do and worry about nothing but these little guys. So which colour now... well in the end I picked one of my All Time Faves... Chanel #647 "Lilis". What makes this colour a "Fave"? Well first off I got this nail polish for myself on my 18th birthday, (I know I know spoiling myself at such a young age) the first birthday I spent away from home. I was very home sick then but this colour somehow brought some warmth to me in my little room. This colour is one that will give you energy on those days that you just don't feel like getting out of bed. And now when I pulled it out of my drawer it seems perfect for these sunny days of May.



I personally would describe Chanel #647 as a "Coral red". It is not truly as protruding as a "Red" polish since it has a"Coral" undertone and so it is much more wearable for everyday, and much more cheerful than a simple red polish. Under the sun this colour becomes more of a "Coral Pink" shade. Im not the best at describing colours, and I may be colour blind and I just don't know but to me this is what I interoperate this colour to be. In simple words this colour makes me Happy. Super happy. 


I love the way this polish applies on to the nail. It is really creamy, and is opaque on the nail with just one coat. Of course if you decide to go with 2 coats it is even better. Chipping wise I'd say like most Chanel polishes don't  have the best resistance to chipping. But then again it really depends on how much work you are doing with your nails. If I were sewing or trying to scrape things with my nails then most likely it would chip within that day. I personally like to apply an extra coat of Deborah Lippmann's Top Coat which prevents the polish from chipping since I am a bit more active and clumsy with my nails. This Top Coat usually keeps my nail polish on chip free for around 4 days 5 days depending on the polish. 




Overall I highly recommend this nail polish for anyone who is looking for a colour to brighten their mood or just a colour that brings a pop of warmth and energy to their look. For around 24 Euros and 28 USD it is really a treat, but is is well worth it and I believe in treating your self once in a while cause you deserve it. 


lots of love xoxo 
Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment