Sunday 10 July 2016

Gloomy Baking Days, Raw Vanilla Cashew Mylk Recipe

I sit here writing this post by the window of our living room... Its been a gloomy week here in Amsterdam. The sun occasionally comes out but as soon as it does the clouds always seems to find a way to cover it again. The rain is inevitable, and so I am staying home and baking up a storm in the kitchen. Did I also forget to mention we are officially on summer break now. So basically I have already fallen into the unhealthy cycle of staying up late and waking up whenever I decide I guess... and boy is it wonderful. Summer is the one time where I get to indulge in a complete break where I just don't do anything. But then again that little voice in my head always reminds me that I should be doing a few Tendu's and Plies... I guess Im still a little bunhead at heart. 

...

So what did I bake? What has Jess been baking? Well in the oven at the moment we have a Cheesecake SoufflĂ©, and last night and the day before I baked a batch of Macarons, and might I add that I am obsessed with baking Macarons... I guess it could be because of how temperamental these little guys are, and yet I am still trying to figure out how to make them like the ones you see in the French Patisseries. I would say with every try they get a tiny little bit better but they are nowhere close to what I would like them to be, and so I must keep trying... haha I guess everything in life is like this...work,work,work.


The Soufflé is out of the oven now and it needs 2 hours to set up in the fridge before its ready to be devoured by my boyfriend and I... actually its mostly made for him since dairy products don't go well with my tummy, but who am I kidding I really am looking forward to that cake being ready.


Ok so baking a lot, but also eating a lot of sweets, and I am worried about seeing the dentist when I go home next week but for now I am just gonna indulge... at least thats what I keep telling myself.  So back on track. The point of this blog post is to share with everyone something super indulgent, creamy, and delicious. In case you all are baking and need something to go with all those sweet treats I'd say this one is a clear winner... And don't worry its actually a super healthy recipe, and will have you wondering how on earth it tastes so good. It is a homemade nut milk or "Mylk" and I call this "Creamy Vanilla Cashew Mylk". Prepare yourself cause I personally have stopped buying nut milks from the stores since making it myself. It is so fresh and creamy, and 100 percent homemade. Did I mention it only takes about 2 minutes? Oh and of course the Nutritional Benefits of this Cashew Mylk is much better than any normal milk from the grocery store, it contains no preservatives, it is high in monounsaturated fats which is important for a healthy heart, it is rich in magnesium which will help your bones stay strong, and of course it is amazing for the digestive system. This Mylk is filled with plant protein and will keep you feeling satisfied and keep your blood sugar in balance. The nutritional benefits will go on forever since this mylk is made up of mainly raw cashews, and dates. So enough said lets get onto the recipe!



The equipment you will need:

1. Highspeed Blender
2. Nutmilk Bag, or Cheese Cloth, or strainer
3. Glass Jar

Ingredients:

- 1 Cup Soaked Raw Cashews
- 1 Cup Soaked Date Water
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Powder
- 5-8 Dates

Directions:

1. Soak the Raw Cashews in water preferably over night
2. Soak the Dates in a cup of water
3. Give the Cashews a good rinse underwater
4. Keep the water that the dates have been soaking in
5. In a blender place your Soaked Cashews, Date Water, Normal Water, Dates, Vanilla Powder
6. Blend it together till its all combined (on the Vitamix its approximately a minute)
7. Now Strain your Cashew Mylk with a Nut milk bag, or a strainer.
8. Transfer your Mylk into a glass jar and this will keep in the fridge up to 3 days.


The end result is incredible... your mylk will be frothy, super creamy, and 100 percent homemade and preservative free! This is a must try. A glass of Vanilla Cashew Milk along with a Raw Chocolate Caramel Slice and I feel like a kid again coming home from school having fresh cookies and milk... but of course its much better than cookies and milk since everything is raw, vegan, gluten free, super high in nutritional benefits, and tastes worlds beyond your normal cookies and milk. I hope this will become a staple in your fridge like it has in mine and let me know if you choose to give this one a try!

xoxo
Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment